- unused bedlinen which has been stored in the drawers under my bed for at least 5 years and never used - lots of it!
- clothes that the YFG has grown out of, including some school uniform shirts
- clothes that I haven't worn for years
- clothes I have bought in the hope of fitting in to one day [a dress and a pair of jeans]
- books we don't want any longer
- a pair of trainers I hate and never wore
- ballet shoes - the schedule changed and the YFG doesn't do ballet any longer.
- the tv and dvd player which were casualties of the lightning - these went to the recycling centre
All that moving-on was very therapeutic and it has cleared out lots of space. I'll be honest about things, though, in that I was given about 20 books relevant to my F&W studies at the weekend, and I bought the YFG a small new storage unit for her room, in the hope of some of her stuff being placed on it rather than the floor. I need to find space for those books....
So the challenge for the month of August is to continue in this vein. I want to aim to move on 100 items each week. I may be struggling by the end of the month to find 100 items to move on, but this first week or two will be a doddle. It will be a case of deciding what to do with the items - some may be worth eBaying, or car booting, and others may just get booted straight into the bin, with the rest going to an assortment of charity shops we have in the area.