Wednesday, 28 December 2011
Sunday, 25 December 2011
Saturday, 24 December 2011
Friday, 23 December 2011
Thursday, 22 December 2011
Tuesday, 20 December 2011
Friday, 16 December 2011
Wednesday, 14 December 2011
- Love your wife and make sure she is your best friend. [Works both ways!]
- The woman is always right....
- If she changes her mind, go along with it!
- Don't complain about the state of the house - she will soon find you a list of things you could do to help.
- Let her control the money and ask for pocket money regularly. [Only do that if she is good with money! Insist on regular reports on the financial health of the family - he gets a weekly update.]
- Pull together in the same direction - share common life goals and outlooks. [I wouldn't have got on with a spendthrift!]
- Present a united front to the kids - and communicate often about the kids.
Monday, 12 December 2011
He is my light, my strength, my song;
this Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
here in the love of Christ I stand.
In Christ alone! who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones he came to save:
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied -
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.
There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand
Friday, 9 December 2011
Thursday, 8 December 2011
Wednesday, 7 December 2011
Tuesday, 6 December 2011
I was gobsmacked last night to have been tagged by Silversewer over at her blog as a blog award winner - she has nominated me as a winner in the Liebster Blog award. It's a kind of "passing on the good feelings" award, where each winner nominates 5 more, but I think it is a lovely thing to do, as it shares links to blogs for readers and you the reader find out more about the blogs that I like, and why I like them!
So first of all, I have to say a huge thank you to Silversewer, over at her blog - do pop over there and check out daily life in Scotland, sewing and gardening, and cooking on a budget.
And now to nominate my top five picks:
This is a little difficult, as I don't want to re-tag people who have already won, and we are limited by the rules to blogs which have less than 200 followers, so there are some blogs which I would have chosen but which have too many followers! There is another I would have chosen too if I could have had a longer list, but that blog is private, and there are a couple more who don't accept awards! This isn't easy...
BUT my top five blogs which fit all the criteria:
- Wannabe Sybil's Witterings where WS talks about her son, Little Bear, and what he is up to. He is an endearing little chap, and the tales are lovely. Family life in a big city, on a budget, using public transport - I love it!
- A Trifle Rushed is a predominantly cooking blog with some fantastic recipes, and it is beautifully written.
- my beautiful life is one woman's journey through life, the ups and downs, and she is frugal, spiritual, and shares the trials and joys of life. Well worth a read.
- The Thrify Garden/Home I enjoy because of the cooking, baking and gardening posts. Mrs Mac shares family life and frugal times.
- The Farm at the Back of Beyond 2011 is Gentle Otter's tale of life as tenant farmers in deepest rural Perthshire, and she writes so eloquently of the struggles of life as well as the positives that it makes me cry at times, but my love for Scotland makes me deeply ashamed that people would have to live in these conditions in the UK in 2011, and I support her quest for Land reform in Scotland, and I have written to MPs and MSPs about their situation.
- Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
- Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blogs.
- Copy and paste the award onto your blog.
- Have faith that your followers will spread the love to other bloggers.
- Have fun!!
Sunday, 4 December 2011
Saturday, 3 December 2011
Friday, 2 December 2011
Thursday, 1 December 2011
Wednesday, 30 November 2011
Tuesday, 29 November 2011
Wednesday, 23 November 2011
Sunday, 20 November 2011
Thursday, 17 November 2011
Wednesday, 16 November 2011
Monday, 14 November 2011
Saturday, 12 November 2011
Friday, 11 November 2011
Thursday, 10 November 2011
Monday, 7 November 2011
Thursday, 3 November 2011
Wednesday, 2 November 2011
Tuesday, 1 November 2011
Saturday, 29 October 2011
- Finding a £10 note in an old pair of jeans (well, I went one better the other week and found a £20 note in the pocket of my bodywarmer but made a note to be more careful with my cash!)
- Going on holiday (roll on next June)
- Getting into bed with freshly washed sheets (totally wonderful!)
- Swimming in the sea (not sure about that one - perhaps abroad but not here...)
- Waking up on a sunny day :-)
- Sitting in the sun (yep - even in the winter it's good if you are in the verandah)
- Being surprised with a gift of flowers (just last Friday!)
- Getting a nice message from a loved one
- Cuddles (All the time )
- Receiving a thank-you card in the post (sent my dad one last week for the lovely Sunday lunch)
- Seeing an elderly couple holding hands
- Driving a car with the window down on a sunny day
- Winning £10 on the National Lottery (well, you have to be in it to win it..)
- Booking your holiday (done that!)
- Hearing your favourite song
- Finding a bargain (my favourite sport)
- Seeing an old friend
- Picnic in the park
- Getting a promotion
- A romantic night out (must have a word with the FH about that)
- A song that reminds you of your past
- Looking at old photos
- Making a new friend
- Having a quiet moment to yourself
- Walks in the country
- Hearing a baby laugh (26/30? This one should be Much Higher on the list!)
- A girlie/lads night out
- Waking on a Saturday morning and realising it is the weekend (yes, but I still have to get up...)
- Eating cake
Saturday, 22 October 2011
Tuesday, 18 October 2011
Saturday, 15 October 2011
Wednesday, 12 October 2011
Monday, 10 October 2011
Wednesday, 5 October 2011
Sunday, 2 October 2011
Thursday, 29 September 2011
Wednesday, 28 September 2011
Sunday, 25 September 2011
Wednesday, 21 September 2011
Saturday, 17 September 2011
The FH has been doing things in the garden - moving chicken fences around, and sorting out the garden shed to rehouse some chooks too. We have also stripped the greenhouse out pretty much, and are getting ready to replace the benches in there for the winter. A friend up the road has a polytunnel just installed, and I am quite envious of that, but I am not so keen on all the work involved in digging trenches around it to get the cover buried! She's welcome to all that!
There's a bit of a party going on at one of the neighbour's tonight - there are hordes of cars in the road, disco lights flashing in a marquee in the back garden, and people mooching about - but all is peaceful and I can't hear any music, so it is not bothering me. Hope they have a good party!
One of the FH's friends has been here for a cuppa this afternoon, chewing the fat - and he and the FH have been talking about a home made dehydrator - sounds good! I have been doing a bit of research on the internet tonight and found a few ideas for them to copy, so we could be looking for odd pieces of this and that to use to put one of these together; I'd love to be able to make some fruit leathers and dried apple or banana chips, for example. I could dry some of those chillies too!
Hope you are all well tonight - I'm off to do some more knitting as I want to get these wristwarmers finished soon....
Wednesday, 14 September 2011
Monday, 12 September 2011
Sunday, 11 September 2011
- Take your share of responsibility for the world
- Send letters and emails
- Welcome strangers
- Be a good friend
- Don't make others wrong
- Smile at others when you walk
- Live simply so that others can simply live
- Don't fight, forgive
- Learn new ways
- Stand up against bullying
- Help those in need
- Be peaceful inside yourself
- Be tolerant
- Join in
- Talk about peace
- Share what you have
- Care for your environment
- Aim so everyone wins
- Be open minded
- Listen well