Wednesday 12 August 2009

My take on GTM's tomato sauce


The chopped tomatoes - just cut into quarters and put into a glass oven dish



I bashed about 6 cloves of garlic with the rolling pin and split them open, removed the skin and just laid them in the tray. I sprinkled some dried herbs over the lot, and then splashed some basic olive oil all over. It smelled good already!


All this went into a low oven for about half an hour, and then it came out looking like this - all the juice had come out of the tomatoes and made a glorious sauce.


I let it cool a little and then I blitzed it with a hand-held stick blender and it ended up looking like this (above). This is for the freezer, but the remainder was served with pasta and some tiny strips of bacon, fried off in a dry pan, and the troops asked for more!! Must be good.

Many thanks to GTM over at A Life Full of Blessings for that recipe - it's one we'll be using again and again!

1 comment:

Greentwinsmummy said...

Yay! glad they liked it! try addng some chunky courgette bits & dont whizz it so much with the blender that time,it makes a nice alternative. I need to make mroe today the toms are at the glut stage!
GTM x x x