Sunday 9 August 2009

Getting some energy back at last

The flu tiredness is beginning to pass, at last. This weekend I have felt better and had a little more enthusiasm for life.

Yesterday the YFG and I went to town to Sainsbury's for some picnic items and then I cooked and baked for several hours to make some goodies to take to the street picnic/barbie which we went to in the afternoon and evening. It was good fun and there were a lot of neighbours there to catch up with and we had a good time chatting for several hours. The girls had a great time, playing swingball and rounders with other kids and with some more athletic adults...

This morning we went to church - we took along some Hobnob biscuits to share, home made, of course. They went down well. The girls and I helped out with the prayers and readings in the service as it was a DIY service, there being no minister or lay preacher available to come to us this morning - it happens occasionally! We manage quite well. One of the other mums played the guitar and her children and husband also did prayers and readings too, so we all took part who wanted to; some of the older members of the congregation prefer to leave it to the "youngsters" to lead.

This afternoon, the EFG went to the cinema with a school friend and her family to celebrate the friend's birthday; they saw Harry Potter and then went to Macdonald's afterwards. The YFG and I had already seen the film, so we all had a little chat when she got home about what we thought to it. Mixed reactions. The YFG played with some neighbourhood children and did some ironing for me this afternoon - at a price! She's actually jolly good at ironing and folds the laundry up very well. It was worth £1 for there to be one less basket load when I get to it!

This evening we have been spoilt with visitors - my dad and MB came first, and then my Uncle. It was like the Harvest festival when he arrived with tomatoes, dwarf beans, two kinds of plums and some beetroot. I gave him half a dozen eggs to take home - I definitely did well out of that exchange. I feel more plum jam coming on - just got to find some jars!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hi there

I have just come across your blog and I love it! I follow a few blogs but can relate to your life more than others. I haven't been well this week, so need to take things easy, so I am reading from the very start. You will see I have some way to go! I will leave you a message when I am up to the current day!

Donnax

Donna said...

Hi there

I have just come across your blog and I love it! I follow a few blogs but can relate to your life more than others. I haven't been well this week, so need to take things easy, so I am reading from the very start. You will see I have some way to go! I will leave you a message when I am up to the current day!

Donnax