Wednesday 29 January 2014

Patient

My patient is improving slowly, and it is a lesson for my patience.  In a week where I have lots to do to prepare for a cooking show at the chapel on Saturday, it is a lesson in sitting still and just being, when that is what is required.

When the temperature makes her cranky, and the coughing makes her sore, she wants a hug.  Sometimes she wants a hug until she falls to dozing again, and that takes time, that I have to find.  I have the same number of hours in the day every day, and it is a good thing for me to learn to choose wisely.  

It is about the things left undone these past days, as much as things done.  

4 comments:

Lyssa Medana said...

Sending hugs WS xxx

Sarah Head said...

Sorry to hear about the YFG's flu. If you can find some elderberry and boneset it will help, especially with the pain.

rabbitquilter said...

But you'll still get it all done by Saturday - because you are a Mum!! Good wishes and love X

Morgan said...

RQ - there's going to be a disappointed audience at the show if I don't pull it off, so yes, I will manage...