Tuesday 28 January 2014

Excuse me for a while

The YFG has got the flu.  Not just a cold, but flu - I'm fairly certain.  She aches all over, particularly her head and eyes, can't be bothered to move, has a temperature and no voice.  She woke up, discovered how she felt, burst into tears, and collapsed back into bed, where she has been ever since. She's laying there in the dark, with a cold flannel on her eyes.  I have given her some paracetamol and I hope she will sleep again now.  Caring for her as well alongside the FH is going to be full-time, I think, so I just hope he doesn't catch it from her, although he has had the jab; lots of washing of my hands is on the agenda, and trying to keep them apart, I suppose.  She hasn't been this poorly since she had swine flu about four or five years ago.

9 comments:

Lyssa Medana said...

That sounds like real flu. Sending prayers. WS xxx

Sue in Suffolk said...

Proper flu is just so awful, poor girl. plenty to drink and paracetamol and lots of rest is the only cure I think.

Frugally challenged said...

And look after yourself as well. No-one wants you to be on sick parade!

Scarlet said...

Wishing the YFG a speedy recovery, and hoping that the rest of the family remain well.

Louise said...

So sorry to hear about YFG's flu. Lots of rest and fluids. Make sure you also take care of yourself. xx

rabbitquilter said...

How miserable. Hope YFG is better soon and no one else catches itT Love to all X

Lesley said...

Poor girl. I hope she feels better soon!

Wendy P. said...

Wishing YFG a speedy recovery, and save a little TLC for the rest of you too, Morgan! x

WendyP.

Morgan said...

Thank you all for such kind comments and well wishing - it is much appreciated xxx