Thursday 21 April 2011

Spooky showing

The YFG and her friend went off to Wicksteed Park with the FH so then the EFG and I departed for the cinema.........but we were a bit late! We arrived at the cinema a good 15 minutes after the scheduled start of the film, and the foyer was empty. I asked one of the girls on the food concessions if I could still get tickets, and she said,"Yes," and sold me some. We crept into the cinema where "Red Riding Hood" was on, and slipped into seats at the front of the tiered seating. We were quiet, and it was very dark as the film had just begun. When a white screen came up and gave off a lot of light when the story line demanded snow, I turned to look at the rest of the auditorium - and we were completely alone! They were running the film just for us....

I called in at the local vegetable plant nursery on the way home and picked up 5 tumbling tomato plants, a few lettuce plants and two pepper plants, to get us off to a start whilst our own seeds come through. I pottered in the garden for an hour or so and the EFG went off to see her friend, and then later we watched a film together (yes, another one!!) and had a break! It was a lazy kind of day and one we enjoyed together.

The YFG and FH arrived home at about 7.30pm and the YFG was shattered after a busy day playing in the park. We have had jacket potatoes, mince mixture, carrots and cauliflower for supper, and we are off to bed now. Good Friday will be here soon - another Bank Holiday - but no church services in our church tomorrow, unfortunately, but I may read one to myself anyway. Sunday morning in church will be very joyful, and I always feel that Easter isn't quite right if you don't mark His death on GF first. Easter is as big a Christian festival as Christmas, but somehow it has been turned into a "Bank Holiday weekend" for everyone, and some folk don't understand what it is all about at all.......

Enough wittering - I'm off to bed with a book! Night, all.

3 comments:

sweet blondie blue eyes said...

Thank you so much for the allotment book; it arrived this monring. We no longer have an allotment but OH will find it very usuful in out container garden.

Unknown said...

I personally find Good Friday and Easter more poignant than Christmas.

What was the film like (LRRH)?

Sft x

Morgan said...

Spooky - quite good and the "baddy" is not who you expect it to be at all. Impossible to work out when and where it is supposed to be set - OK back in the dark ages sometime, I suppose, given that they were cooking over open fires in the dwellings, and the forest looked Bavarian-ish....acting was OK but I wouldn't be rushing back to see it again, nor to acquire the DVD. It was that or something called Beastly that I really didn't fancy, and since it was the EFG's treat, I had to go along with her thoughts.