Wednesday 13 April 2011

Plans, plans!

We'd quite like to go back to Thetford Forest for another long walk through the woods - that is a lovely day out! Really depends on the housework and gardening and the weather!

Planning to make more use of the Remoska and use the big oven less.

Very keen to make another trip to Ely Cathedral - we love it and haven't been for a couple of years now. The FH isn't up to the walking but he would happily sit down by the river and watch the world go by....

Some of these arrived from Cornwall, well packaged, so they went in to the incubator last night with some of our own eggs - fully loaded now with 25 eggs.

And the hens are laying well now, so we are planning to get the older polystyrene box incubators out and hatch a few more of our own eggs - we are figuring that two hatches close together may be easier to manage than spreading them through out the season as we did last year....and I have my eye on some bantam Chocolate Orpington eggs on ebay - they are going "Cheep!" if you can pardon the pun - auction finishes at 8pm tonight so will I bid or won't I?!?

Edited to add - I bid - but will I win??

Back again - I won! Six bantam Chocolate Orpington eggs for just £1.04 and postage.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! That's great news about the auction.

Sft x