Friday 28 February 2014

What a month!

I'm limping towards the end of the month in just a couple of hours, and hoping to get to bed earlier tonight as the week has caught up with me....I'm thinking of a photo post tomorrow with a bit of a gallery of the stuff we have been doing this month, as well as a more usual financial round up.  We've taken pictures of all the puzzles the FH has been doing, and there's my knitting now as well - the scarf is nearly finished, thank goodness!

I think that today is the last day of winter officially, but I believe folk are saying that we are in for a chilly start to spring over the next few days at least.  I am glad that we have got through November, December, January and February without any really hard frosts and snowy days, and if that was winter, it was an exceptionally mild one.  But oh my, has it been wet!  We all know just how wet and windy it has been, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone again, but seems like that might have been a precursor of things to come in the future.  I don't know what kind of a summer we can hope for, but I am actually just quite pleased that the days are lengthening on and we aren't in the dark at 4pm any longer.

I'm so chuffed to welcome new readers to the blog, and new followers too!  I hope you find something interesting here, and a very warm welcome indeed to anyone who has hopped over here from Elaine's blog at Mortgage Free in Three.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

My boys played on their bikes out the front of the house for the first time in many months today. It was cold but the sun was shining. Let's hope it continues to improve x