Wednesday 24 March 2010

Wednesday Woes

I am feeling decidedly pathetic. I have had some kind of stomach bug since Monday evening, and still feel listless and basically knackered. Good job that today the FH went out for his lunch and the girls have taken advantage of those two portions of lasage that were left over last week and frozen.

This kind of thing often hits me at the end of a term and I feel that it is my body's way of saying, "Whoa! You need to rest NOW!" and because it usually comes along with diarrhoea which keeps me housebound, I do rest. I have done very little today at all - this morning I helped the FH sort out some bit and pieces for about half an hour and then when he went out, I sent him with a shopping list. I sat down and watched a DVD and snoozed. I snoozed much of the afternoon and have had more sleep in the chair by the fire since they have eaten tonight. I am reading a thick book, and not doing much at all. The ironing heap is getting bigger, as is the washing heap, and the floor could do with a hoovering, but it won't get done by me at the minute. I felt that I was letting people down last night when I was unable to go and help out at gymnastics, but there was no way I could go. Luckily for her, a friend gave the YFG a lift so she didn't miss out completely.

I have sent my apologies for a meeting I was scheduled to attend tonight, rearranged the next couple of days' work with the FH and generally cleared the decks so that I have some time to recover - I am hibernating!!

No comments: