Monday 15 March 2010

Shopping roundup

Whilst the EFG was at band practice tonight, I took the opportunity to go shopping. Here's my list:

Blackcurrant squash 1.49
UHT milk 4 @ 49p = 1.96
Instant potato 1.28
Mushrooms (reduced price) 2@15p = 30p
Vitalite 98p
Stork margerine 1.23
2 loaves white bread 1.00
Dried spaghetti 54p
Oranges 2 for 2.50

Total £11.28 so £40.90 left in the kitty.

I have done a menu plan for the week ahead. These are the meals, but in no particular order yet:

A smoked haddock risotto/kedgeree type dish
Meatballs with spaghetti and HM pasta sauce
Frying steak and HM potato wedges
Pasta with HM sauce
Baked potato night (cheese or beans....)
Roast chicken and all the trimmings
A Corned beef dish - either corned beef burgers or corned beef hash

I have all the food in storage that I need for those meals, as well as bread, fruit, milk and breakfast foods. The hens have laid half a dozen eggs today between them, so the FGs will be able to have fried eggs, eggy bread, etc for their breakfasts. I still have carrots, parsnips, cabbage, broccoli, apples and bananas left from the last shopping trip. I was also given some lovely cooking apples by an older gentleman at the band practice this evening - cue apple crumble any day very soon!!

I am just now baking some carrot cake and some bread rolls for lunchboxes this week and the smells coming from the kitchen are tantalising!!

No comments: