Friday 7 November 2014

Taking care of me

I've decided that I haven't been taking quite such good care of myself as perhaps I should have been doing, but it has been tricky learning to balance everything this past few months.  So I am starting a few November resolutions - who says they just have to be for New Year?!

I need to eat more fruit and veg, I need to sleep more, and I need to drink more water!  There are things I should eat less of, and I definitely need to move my backside a bit more often.........sounds just like all those 1st January kind of things, doesn't it?! I have also decided that I feel better in myself when I knit more - and I haven't touched a knitting needle all week.

Trouble is, that I am not feeling so great just lately, and I know I have no one else to blame but me.

So for this week, less junk in and more knitting output, and we'll see how it goes.

I've been thinking about reducing commitments now that I have a job, and it is going to be SO hard to think about what to stop doing, but I am slowly coming to the conclusion that it might be the school governing that has to go......I don't want to do that, but sometimes, there has to be a higher consideration.  I'm going to keep thinking about that one for a little bit longer.

6 comments:

veeknits19 said...

Maybe you can do a little less of some things rather than drop them? Yes, you must look after yourself. Yay for knitting!It's so therapeutic, I've just checked out Elaine's stormy weather shawl over on Mortgage Free in Three & am looking forward to trying it. If you do drop a commitment then school governership would be a good one as it would free up a lot of time and you have been a stalwart for some time now, I'm sure you have done your share for a while. Most people don't understand just how onerous it is. I've had to cut back commitments twice in the last few years, it's always a hard call to make, but we all only have 24 hours in the day & it's best to do several things wholeheartedly rather than skimp on some things. That's my view, anyway. I'm sure you will make the right decision, acknowledging that it needs to be done is the start, you will know what feels like the best solution for you. Take good care of yourself, & have fun knitting,
Vee xx

Jake's a Girl said...

Change. Not a fan at all. But a necessary evil sometimes.

Prayers you feel better soon and change for our health is never bad. I'm needing to do the same.
We can be guilty of having too many irons in the fire and not taking care of ourselves.



DragonflyDreams said...

Sometimes the smart thing is to listen to your body and do what it tells you to do. You cannot do everything no matter how hard you try and before you know it you are dropping all the balls and feeling miserable. Sounds like you need a prescription for some 'me time' in order to recharge your batteries x

Lyssa Medana said...

Sending hugs. You have been spread so thin for so long that a job on top of everything is going to make things tougher.

Prayers continue. Also, whatever you give up, you know that there will be times when you cannot do so much and times when you have more to give. Ecclesiastes has a lot of sense, there are ebbs and flows.

Sending massive hugs WS xxx

Cheapchick said...

You definitely need to take care of you. Your life has changed and you probably have been so busy trying to hold everything together that you have not thought of yourself. Time for yourself is a big factor. Perhaps a pullback of commitments is necessary.

Morgan said...

Thank you all for your kind, and very wise words. You are a community of friends who remind me to think of "me" more and give me permission to consider my own needs. Thank you. It's not going to be easy, and I know some people are going to get a bit huffy over things, but if I cannot be effective in the voluntary commitments any longer, it does feel like time to let someone else have a go!