Thursday 27 November 2014

Social niceties

I am sorry that I didn't get here last night.

I lost my taste for the internet for a little while last night after my sister and my cousin started to have a slanging match on my FB page.  I deleted the post as it was not what I wanted on my page, then my cousin "deleted" me after I refused to get involved in their argument!!  The YFG is now upset because she was going on a trip with my cousin in a week or so, and now doesn't want to go, and I am fed up with the whole thing!

They do say that you can choose your friends but not your family and I see what they mean!  I try to not fall out with anyone, and managed to be friendly with both my sister and my cousin, even though they can't get on with one another - but now it seems that I can't do right for doing wrong.  The ball is now in my cousin's court, and if she has withdrawn communications, that is up to her.  I had an arrangement with her parents that they would all come here on Boxing Day so I shall ring my aunt in a week or two and see how the land lies there.

And you know what?  This is a day I could have done with a little support from some of these people, not a falling out....

This is our 18th wedding anniversary.  Married in the registry office up in Fife, with only local friends around us, we had a lovely day.  The EFG was 12 weeks old, and we had neighbours and friends from the town with us to celebrate.

November has always been the month I have associated with the FH with it being his birthday month and the month of the wedding anniversary.  It is nearly over now, and we have Christmas and the EFG's homecoming to look forward to.  We are thankful for everything we shared, and the children we raised together.  I am very thankful for the support of friends just lately - friends have been the bedrock of this time.

I'll see you all tomorrow - and don't forget to pick up your copy of the paper today if you want an Aldi voucher!

13 comments:

Sooze said...

I have read your blog for some months now, but have only just 'followed' today, as I wanted to give you a virtual hug, if you don't mind having one from a stranger. It's so sad that people who should know better can be so unsupportive, especially after what you and your girls have been through, and when you most need the support of family in particular. My heart goes out to you and your girls.

Regards, Sooze

veeknits19 said...

So sorry to hear about the behaviour of your family on FB, they really should keep their differences to themselves & not draw others in to it all. Hope you have support from others around you, big hugs, Vee xx

Morgan said...

Thank you, Sooze, for the hug, and welcome. Good to have you here xxx

Sue in Suffolk said...

facebook seems to have caused problems, would they have had an argument without it? and So unfair to drag you in. Lets hope it will blow over quickly so your daughter doesn't miss her trip. I'll keep things crossed for you all.

Dunham lass said...

Hugs and Hugs winging their way to you !!! I feel as if I am a friend after following your family blog for a long time just wish I could deliver it personally.
No matter how strong we are we all need a hug at times.

Morgan said...

Sue and Su - thank you for your kind thoughts. You are dear friends indeed xx

ciao said...

Morgan friends are the family we choose for ourselves. Our family has someone who one minute is your best friend then falls out over some imagined slight so now I just leave the ball in her court and she eventually comes round,
Love to you all XXXXXXXXXX

rabbitquilter said...

How difficult for you, how unnecessary too! I 'm afraid I think both warring parties are being very insensitive, and they should look beyond their silly squabbles, and be there for you. Especially as you, no doubt would be the first to help them! Grrrrr! Families!! Just sending you both much love and a virtual hug!! XX

Lyssa Medana said...

Sending hugs and wishing I could do more. Look after yourself. WS xxx

Cheapchick said...

Really terrible of them to get you involved in their argument - but you are so right, you cannot choose your family. I get along with my Mom fabulously, my sister not at all. I am feeling your pain on this one.

Kim @ Him, Him Me said...

Sorry to hear of this incident Morgan. Big hugs for you and your girls.

Morgan said...

Thanks for all your love and hugs.

The rest of the family don't worry about things like this: UJ doesn't get into any of this of course and is just great and very laid back with everyone. Mum is not here to be wise, and Dad has gone on another cruise for some winter sun, so he's out of contact!

I felt like abandoning FB last night and saying "S*d the lot of you!" about it, but then I realised that would cut me off from a lot of incredibly supportive friends. I posted a wedding photo on there this morning and over 20 people have liked it.

Thank you all for being here for us xxx

Nearly Martha said...

The Internet is a blessing but it does such weird things to people. You only have to look at the trolling on Twitter to see that it somehow encourages people to say things they would never say face to face and probably don't even mean. Adding a little prayer to those thinking of you at what is a difficult time