Wednesday 19 November 2014

Seeing more clearly

I finally got my hands on my new "granny goggles" [as one of you told me they could be called] yesterday.....how strange they are to begin with!  It had taken two weeks from the day I paid for them to actually getting them, which I did think was a trifle slow, but the lady at the optician's said they had had trouble with glazing them.  I have them now though!

I'm not wearing them all the time, as they take a little bit of getting used to - I'm breaking myself in, a bit at a time.  It feels a little strange to have to be conscious of where I am looking to be sure that I am using the right part of the lens, but I think that once I get used to it, it will become second nature and I shan't have to give it a thought.

I've managed to put half the money back in the savings fund.  I hope to have the rest of it put back by the end of the month.  I know that the emergency fund is bound to be needed again before too long, so it's good to get it topped back up as soon as I can.

The EFG had a little bonus yesterday when one of her Premium Bonds came up in Ernie's draw - a cheque for £25 arrived for her so I have sent that northwards so that she can pay it into her account.  She was very pleased to hear that last evening - she has another cold, so it cheered her up.

4 comments:

SusanM said...

Good luck with your granny goggles. My husband has just got his first pair of grandad specs (reading glasses) as he didn't like the thought of varifocals. I found kerbs the most difficult wearing varifocals - how high to lift your foot. There seem to be too many bugs going round NE Scotland at the moment - hope EFG gets better soon. Apart from the cold, how is she getting on? We could do with some sunshine up here - far too much rain at the moment x

Morgan said...

@SusanM - thanks, she's working hard!

@Mindo - even the thought of those contacts is making me squirm. I couldn't get on with contacts and kept losing one round the back of my eye and hated it!

Angela said...

Like SusanM I found changing levels the hardest to cope with at first [coming down stairs especially] but now I don't think about it. Persevere and it will all come right in the end. PS had mine for at least 10 years and no sign of becoming a granny yet - can I get a refund from the optician??!!

Morgan said...

Lol, Ang, I am not ready to be a granny yet either!!