Tuesday 18 November 2014

Candle

I lit a candle in the window for the FH last night - it was alight from when it started to get dark at 4pm, and it was still just about burning at 9pm.

(image from en.wikipedia.org)

The YFG enjoyed a visit to Nottingham's Galleries of Justice museum yesterday with her school history cohort.  They had a good look around, and took part in a mock trial too. The day was a long one, with a 7.30am trip to school this morning, and then not getting home until just past 5pm.  

The day was kind, too, in that we had a lot of support from friends and family in real life here, with regards to the FH's birthday.  Lots of messages on Facebook, some emails, phone calls and texts have arrived.  I had a long chat on the phone with one of his sisters in the evening, and his cousin rang yesterday too.  We feel secure and loved.  We miss him, of course we do, but we are OK.

And you will be pleased to hear that since I was up at 5am, I put my feet up in the afternoon when I had done the ironing, and watched some of the very first episodes of Downton Abbey.  I didn't watch the first series properly, so it was interesting.  I do believe I may have dropped off for a minute or two as well.  I also managed to get the second sock cast on as well!

I did spend some money yesterday - we decided on a book for one of the YFG's friends for Christmas, from the Book People catalogue.  Not only did I go through Quidco to get 8% cashback, but there was a 15% off code till midnight so I saved a nice chunk of that wee spend.  

4 comments:

veeknits19 said...

Glad to hear that the day went well, Vee x

Lyssa Medana said...

Another 'first' faced. Prayers continue. WS xxx

Sue in Suffolk said...

The Book people catalogue is a big temptation, but I have managed to resist for ages.
I'm so glad you had lots of support to get through the day.

Cheapchick said...

A tough day for you - Christmas will likely be the same. Keep your chin up :)