Monday 27 October 2014

In the kitchen this week

This weekly post must be getting quite repetitive for the reader, but I find it useful to be able to look back and see what we have been eating!  We are also eating our way through the freezers, so there is a certain amount of repetition of favourite meals too.

This week, the YFG is off to Aberdeen for five days, and so I shall be choosing meals just for myself after today.

The meals I have in mind:

Spaghetti bolognese for her tonight.  Leftover mince will be meals for me later in the week, or frozen for another week.
Baked potatoes with various toppings
Stove top chicken casserole [my current favourite!]
Perhaps sweet and sour chicken, because the YFG isn't that keen on it
Vegetable risotto
Leftover night!

Our food spend this month is much reduced, along the lines of the Stoptober challenge, so I am pleased!

2 comments:

ciao said...

Someone keeps parking in front of our garage so we are unable to go to the bigger supermarkets (Aldi -Tescos)so I am scratching around in the fridge/ freezer using stuff up that has been there for ages. It's an ill wind and all that,
Love xx

rabbitquilter said...

The week's menus sound pretty good to me!! Yum yum!! I hope the YFG will have a super time in Aberdeen, and that you won't be lonely. XX