Thursday 27 March 2014

Reflections

We have had our busy day at the uni in Aberdeen, and it was a tiring time, but so exciting! We went to talks, the EFG went on a tour of some of the accommodations, and she had the chance to speak to lecturers from the department.  She is now fairly clear that she will accept the place here as her firm choice.

The flat is brilliant, and I can see us using it again as I am sure I shall have to visit once or twice in the four years that she will be here. We have photos to share when we get home. I am not well acquainted enough with this tablet to be able to do that on here!

Things are not brilliant at home and the gang back there are missing us dreadfully, unfortunately, so I know they will be glad to have us home tonight. They are having a treat tonight and UJ and the YFG will be picking up fish suppers from the best shop in the town after her piano lesson tonight.

I have had a bit of a break from everyday life, spent time with the EFG, read a couple of books and even started some crochet. Back to reality tonight!

7 comments:

SusanM said...

I'm really pleased that your daughter likes Aberdeen Uni. Everyone I know who works or studies there is very happy. The campus is beautiful (I love Kings College Chapel and St Machar's Cathedral) and Aberdeen is a nice size of city too and very friendly, even if it is rather cold. Just a case of buying some warm clothes and bedding and wrapping up warm. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with you (we live about an hour from the city and I couldn't manage to meet you but maybe one day in the future). Did you encounter any Doric words while you were up here? When I moved up from Lincolnshire, I couldn't understand the locals at all. They tend to replace any word beginning with 'wh' with an 'f' so where becomes 'far', what becomes 'fit', who becomes 'fa', when becomes 'fan'. 'Fit Like?' means 'How are you?'. That's before you understand that loons are boys, quines are girls and nay is no or not. Once you get used to it though, it's lovely.

Sue in Suffolk said...

It's good to hear that your eldest has found a uni she likes.
Have a safe journey.

veeknits19 said...

Glad to hear all is going well for you both in the Granite City. I also saw Alistair McGowan on the One Show the other day, it brought back memories with the description of ff instead of wh, and ie on the end of words, such as housie. Good to have found a nice flat, looking forward to hearing more about it. Enjoy the reading & crochet time. Vee x

Fay McKenzie said...

How exciting! My cellist was accepted at Aberdeen too - she loves it but chose Edinburgh as she's keen to live in the 'big smoke' - good luck to your lovely student - its a fab place and a great uni (I did my post grad with them)

Best of luck!!

Ciao said...

Hi Morgan did you know there was an Aldi voucher in the Mirror today? got ours so will keep it till next Thursday as we shopped yesterday, have a safe journey home xx

Angela said...

glad it is going well - have a safe journey home!

rabbitquilter said...

Glad Aberdeen was a success, even if it is miles away!! Very pleased EFG had good feelings about the Uni too. As for the crowd at home! Of course they missed you, but don't you think it does the 'home crowd' good once in a while!! They will appreciate you all the more when you get back, for 5 minutes at the most I expect!!! I over-ran on a visit to a friend I used to work with (soo much gossip!!) I got home to find Husband doing toast!! You'd think I starved him, no thoughts of starting the tea, that was all prepared, of course!!!! MEN!!!