Friday 3 May 2013

FH's health update

The FH is going great guns at the moment, and people here are saying he is looking well.  I am beginning to ask him to do a little more around the house now, such as asking him to hang out some washing for me this morning and then to look for the brooding lamp for the chicks which might hatch this week.  

He has been pottering about in the shed a little as well this week, and so he is doing well.  Yesterday he took his friend, who is 80+ and uses a frame/seat gadget when he walks any distance, and they mooched out of the end of our road and up to the station, where they sat and watched a few trains go through before they pottered home again.  

There is no sign of gout, which I am pleased about, and as long as he is on steroids for his heart and kidneys, I am pretty sure that that will keep the gout at bay too.  

This weekend we are attending a quiz at the chapel tomorrow evening and then UJ is coming over on Sunday.  The FH and the YFG are intending to go to a car boot sale on Monday but I won't hold my breath.  I have plenty to be going on with in the garden, the house and the books, so I'm sure we will keep busy.  I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

3 comments:

Wannabe Sybil said...

That is really good news, I'm keeping the prayers coming. WS xxx

Judy Y said...

Glad to hear that the FH is doing well, you must be so happy about that!
And I love your 35 ways to save money, great addition to the blog
Cheers Judy xx

Lesley said...

I am so glad that he's feeling better.