Monday 14 January 2013

Menu plan for the week

(image from momables.com)

Last week's meal plan really helped to keep me on track, and we only deviated from it on one day, when the FH and I had sweet&sour chicken and the girls had fried chicken pieces with veg - all on Saturday.  The rest of the week went sort of according to plan...soup incidents already reported!

This week looks like this:

Monday - Leek and potato soup and HM bread - all made yesterday and ready to go
Tuesday - Beans on toast - we stocked up on beans when they were on offer before Christmas and we have lots!  I will be out at gym, and the family can easily make this for themselves.
Wednesday - Sticky chicken thighs, with rice and veg
Thursday - Toad in the Hole
Friday - Vegetable curry - made with some of Elaine's Curry in a Hurry building blocks that I have in the freezer
Saturday - Mixed bean soup - a new recipe that the EFG found and would like to try.
Sunday - Chicken casserole with lots of veg

The only thing I need to get is a tin of beans for the mixed bean soup.  If we like it, I will invest in packets of dried beans, but for a one-off trial, I'll be going with a tin.  We don't eat a lot of beans here, apart from green and baked varieties.  It's good to try something new.

No comments: