Monday 31 December 2012

Looking forward

(image from 123rf.com)

2012 is dying away now and 2013 will bounce on to the scene in just a few hours, bright, and fresh and new.  I sometimes think of Anne Shirley [Anne of Green Gables] with her thoughts of tomorrow being "a fresh day, with no mistakes" and I think we can move on into 2013 with the same sentiment.

2012 has been an amazing year nationally, with the Diamond Jubilee and the Olympic successes.

(image from itv.com)

(image from dailymail.co.uk)

We have also heard the good news of the Duchess of Cambridge's pregnancy.

(image from dailymail.co.uk)

But it has been a hard year with the appalling weather including the repeated floods which we have had in various parts of the country.

It wasn't great in the garden for the veg growing.

We didn't see a lot of that yellow orb previously known as the SUN!

And a lot of people are finding life tough going financially, which must be having an impact on other areas of life as well.

Here in the Fens we have had exam success for the EFG, gymnastics competition wins and piano exams passed for the YFG and progress made in my Local Preacher's studies this year.  The FH counts it as a success that he has made it through the year!  I have lost weight and feel fitter than I have done for a long time, and the girls are growing in their independence and confidence.  I have knitted a scarf  competently!  I have already blogged my savings success today, too.  Talking of blogging, I am delighted that more of you are actually "following" now and the daily visitor count seems to be rising month on month - so I am humbled and touched by your interest in my wafflings.

Happy New Year to you and yours, from all the Fen Family xx


3 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

Happy New Year ..

I'm not sure how happy the New Year will be with our pending FISCAL CLIFF in the states. We may have to monitor every penny.

Angela said...

What great achievements in your family! Looking forward to another year of reading your lovely blog [and determined to actually meet you in person this year if I can!!]

Morgan said...

@Mrs Mac - it sounds bad according to what we are hearing in the news here, but I am still unsure as to how it will affect individual families, so I'd be interested to hear from you on that. I am sure, however, that if it affects the USA, it will trickle over and affect the rest of the world as well in one way or another, so I should be taking more interest.

@Angela - Thanks for your kind words, and it would be lovely to get together this year - we shall have to try to co-ordinate ourselves!