Sunday 23 December 2012

A family day

Today has been lovely!  

My Dad and his companion came to lunch, along with my UJ, and we all enjoyed some time together as our Christmas get-together.  I cooked a couple of small chickens, lots of veg, roast potatoes, stuffing and Yorkshire pudding and gravy, followed by a chocolate self-saucing pudding.  We all sat and had a cup of tea and a chat afterwards, before my Dad and MB set off to see another of my sisters later in the afternoon.  UJ stayed a while longer before he also had to go because he had plans to be bell-ringing for a Carol Service tonight.  

We gave them their gifts: the scarf for my Dad, which he and MB both loved; a cyclamen for MB which was also well received; and the "socks and chocs" combination for UJ - what to buy the man who needs nothing!?  I couldn't make him a scarf as I know that he received one last year from the ladies at the Dinner club.

Tonight we all watched "Mr Stink" on tv, and thought that Hugh Bonneville was great in the lead character.  The Duchess, the dog, was excellent - Britain's Got Talent winner Pudsey was the star of the show.

The girls are now doing some "Just Dance" on the Wii, the FH retired to bed some time ago to rest his foot, and I have just done a clean up in the utility room as I have a washing machine engineer coming some time tomorrow to repair that.  The washing is piling up, but there will be none done until Boxing Day now as I do not want wet washing draped around on the big day!

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I always admire your cyclamen in your header photo.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Gill