Friday 21 December 2012

Letting go

(image from publicdomainpictures.net)

It is now Friday night, there are four "sleeps" to go, and it is time to be realistic! 

Some things just aren't going to get done this year - I bought some lovely festive material to make a "Merry Christmas" bunting banner like the one I had seen in the Lakeland catalogue, and many of you offered me wonderful advice about how best to make one.  I haven't had time....but the material is still there for another year.

There are people I wanted to visit, places I wanted to go, and there just isn't enough time to do it all.

There are the "must do" things which have to come first - a sermon for Sunday and another talk for Tuesday are pretty sure to be at the top of the list....

Then there are the "would be good if I did" things like icing the cakes, and some cleaning up.

And then there are the "well, if you get round to it" sort of things, which will probably include washing the car sometime over the holiday, and making some phone calls.  Let's face it, if those people were that keen on speaking to me, they'd be on the phone to me anyway.

Tonight, I am going to make one more batch of the truffles, and some mince pies, because I need to give them as gifts tomorrow.  The truffles made last night were well received this morning at school, even if I did oversleep and had to get to Assembly with no breakfast!

Please join with me in remembering that this is a HOLIDAY time of year, and we all need to take a break.

Much love to you all xx

4 comments:

DeliveringGrace said...

I needed this one-I'm failing a bit on the "must do" list at present. Must get off the computer!

Scarlet said...

I have some baking to do, and the cleaning up, but my health isn't good at the moment. KL finished college yesterday so she'll be able to help, but if things don't get done it won't be the end of the world.J only has 2 days off work so I want to enjoy every minute of them and not stress about things which haven't been done. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas.

Angela said...

absolutely. I DID manage the bunting, but did NOT manage to repair the rocking horse decoration.
I DID sort the Christmas china - but did NOT wash the kitchen floor.
And some things are not essential.

But you are right - this is holiday,festivity and celebration, remembering the joy of the birth of one who said "Come to me, you who are tired, and I WILL give you rest"

Joy to the world, the Lord is come!

Meanqueen said...

I've got a lot of 'might get round to it' jobs, they will have to wait till I am ready. One thing I won't be doing is washing the car, the roads are filthy with mud around here. I hope you get to put your feet up soon.