Monday 31 December 2012

Savings Success in 2012

(image from www.guardian.co.uk)

The last day of the year is upon us, and it falls as a Monday, which fits in perfectly with my taking stock and recording day.

I have checked all the bank accounts this morning, the savings and the current account, and moved some money around to make the best of it.

I haven't ventured outside to read the electricity meter yet as it is still dark, but I am guessing that our usage will be down this week without having had a washing machine...still waiting for the drum to be replaced - thank goodness for friends in the village!  As that is the only difference, it will be interesting to see roughly how much the washing costs us each week.

Anyway, there is no money coming in today, and it is the last day of the year, so I can reveal that I HAVE achieved my savings target of £5000 for the year!  I have saved £5001.70.  To say that I am pleased would be an understatement - I am totally thrilled that this has happened.  It has come through hard work, thrift, decent money management, and household management, and some good interest payments too!  

I am still finalising the plans for 2013, but I guess that it would be safe to say that I plan to do it all again in 2013.


2 comments:

Bryallen said...

Brilliant! I knew you could do it! Happy new year!

Mrs. Mac said...

Happy New Year .. and a great plan that worked for your savings!