So what have I been up to?
- Two loads of washing dried in the sun
- Cleaned the bath, shower, two washbasins and two loos - still have to clean the floors in those rooms though
- Swept the hall rug with a handbrush and got loads more dirt out than usual...
- Swept down the stairs
- Hoovered the landing
- Cleared all the clean laundry from the airing cupboard and clothes baskets and put everyone's clean clothes on the beds for them to put away; I put all mine away.
- Hoovered my bedroom floor.
- Had lunch, then sat outside in the shade and read a book for an hour - too hot to do anything else!
- Fetched the chook food delivery, dropped some corn off to a neighbour who keeps ducks.
- Posted a wee parcel to my dad, and paid my NI contribution at the Post Office too.
- Strimmed the edges of the front lawn, ready for the FH to cut the lawn, once I had taught him how the mower works - his first time!
- Washed my car - for the first time since I bought it in January (whoops!) but it looks so lovely now I wish I had done it sooner - I will definitely be doing it again...
- Phoned the chap about tuning the piano when we come home from the holiday.
- Cooked the tea
- Pottered in the garden, dug over half of one of the veg beds until it got too dark to see!
- Came in and rinsed the dishes so I could load up the dishwasher.
- And here I am, quite worn out! I had wanted to get the clothes ironed tonight but I think that will have to wait till tomorrow.
The Volvo is on its last legs and the FH has chosen a wee Ford Fiesta from a local garage so tomorrow I will have to sort out some insurance for that so that we can take ownership Friday before we go away - there is no tax on it at the moment and it makes sense to start the tax from 1st June.
Hope you have all had a good day today - I am looking forward to this hot weather easing a little in the coming days, although I have no wish to return to the daily downpours we have been enduring before this spell began last week.