Tuesday 1 May 2012

Laundry powder update

In the comments section of the last post, Susan raised a very sensible query - was there a risk of the grated soap clogging up the washing machine when only low temperatures are used?  I headed over to the Down To Earth forums on Rhonda Jean's blog where I knew that there would be plenty of experienced users - and I got some excellent answers:

  • Some people blitz the powder in a food processor so that the grated soap is really broken down into a finer powder;
  • Other suggest dissolving the measure of powder in a jug of hot water each time that they do a wash, which I would guess is having the best mixing the powder and storing it dry but then being able to use it as a liquid.
I think I am going to try the dissolving it in hot water method but let us all know how you get on!

No comments: