Wednesday 4 January 2012

Spring clean

The kitchen has had a spruce up over the weekend, and I was so pleased, I took some photos!

Just a few of the cookbooks are stored here - the ones I use the most often - and the huge pink folder is full of recipes downloaded from my favourite websites. I use it a lot!

The gas hob is very useful - there is no mains gas in the village so when there is a power cut, I am one of the few people on the estate who can cook and boil a whistling kettle so some of my friends come round for a cuppa occasionally. What with the gas hob and the woodburner, power cuts don't bother us too badly!


6 comments:

Karen said...

What a lovely big kitchen, so clean and tidy no wonder your friends like to pop round for a cuppa.

Morgan said...

Thanks, Karen, but the point of the post is partly to remind myself how nice it can look as when I get snowed under, it can get a bit grotty!!

Mrs. Mac said...

A gas hob? Does this fuel your cooktop over the oven? I like your built in sink drainboard.

Morgan said...

Yes, Mrs Mac - there are 5 burners on the cooker which sits in the worktop.

The Squirrel Family said...

Looks fab and I like your units too...............similair to what I have in mind for my new place

The hob Is it a calor gas one(propane) ? If so was it complicated to have fitted?

Morgan said...

The hob runs on calor gas which comes in big bottles - I use about two a year. I don't know how complicated it was to fit as I got the builder to do it when the house was being built! The original kitchen had a fridge and freezer which I didn't want installed so I bartered with the builder to install a 5 burner gas hob and a double oven instead of an electric ceramic hob and a single oven. I know that he had to get a CORGI registered installer out to fit the pipe and the hob as he didn't have anyone qualified on his team since they didn't usually install gas appliances. I am SO glad I got it - we have had a power cut here this morning but still been able to have a cup of tea by boiling water on the hob!