Thursday 19 January 2012

A morning in the kitchen

This the culmination of some of the cooking today - the girls had the salmon quiche, the baguette and some baked beans for their tea.
They love the baguette, and like the flavour of the quiche, although they mentioned that they weren't so keen on the texture. It was a crustless quiche.

These are the little sticky buns I made with a sweet dough for the after school rush to piano. In the car I have the two FGs but also the YFG's friend who also has a piano lesson, so I always take three of anything and she is very appreciative of home made goodies. They all like these! There were 12 to start with, and I have managed to stash 4 for tomorrow....

Baguettes came out beautifully as usual.

A dozen plain scones to the fab Paul H recipe I mentioned last week or so.
I've hidden them away - some in a tin and some in the freezer. They are fine for a couple of days, we have found, if they are slightly warmed before serving with lashings of raspberry jam!

And this was the salmon quiche, cooling on the windowsill so that I could put it in the fridge!

Have you baked today? Do you bake at all? I know some people don't have the time during the week so perhaps the weekend is their baking time...

Happy baking! Good for the purse, if not the waistline.

4 comments:

The Squirrel Family said...

Those sticky buns look yummy .......as does everything else but buns are a family favourite here!

Lesley said...

I bake quite a lot, although not as much as you! I made the Paul H cheese scones from the Sport Relief Bake Off this week. They were delicious, especially with chutney. My children like them when they get in from school. Tomorrow I think it will be cupcakes. I have butter icing in the freezer to use up.

Scarlet said...

I bake a lot. It was coffee and walnut buns for J and I , and plain with lemon icing for KL this week, and lots of raisin scones.I make sticky buns too - so much cheaper than the shops - and nicer too.

mallowlark said...

I bake sort of off and on. I have to travel a fair bit just now, it seems, and that really cuts into time for things that can't be done on a train! Knitting, yes, baking, no. But this week I made an apple pie from wildings gathered and frozen in the autumn and a potato leek tart. Some sort of madeira loaf with cranberries in is on the cards, as we have a lot of leftover cranberry sauce in the freezer...