Wednesday 18 January 2012

Grocery Challenge update

Today I had to make a trip to town to take a friend home who had come out to the village on the bus. The EFG hitched a ride as she wanted to buy a small gift for a friend's birthday, so we went to Sainsbury's.

I could kick myself as I forgot to buy the self raising flour which was too expensive in the Co-op!!

I did make some purchases though, and just about used up this week's money, but do bear those potatoes in mind, and be kind! I may go over this week...but I am going to really try not to.

Spending:

Gluten-free flour £1.75
Clover spread £1.00
Mushrooms £1.00
Parsnips 0.63 (for two parsnips for tea tonight)
An organic cucumber £1.30 (The YFG wanted it to go in her sandwiches for school - I only let them have home-grown or organic because I don't like the way normal cucumbers are grown)

All that comes to £5.68, leaving us £4.07 - I think the Sealed pot may go hungry from this week's grocery challenge money!

How's your week going?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Poor sealed pot. Sounds like you are doing well with the grocery challenge though!

Sft x

Karen said...

I think a few sealed pots are going hungry this week! Your grocery challenge is still going well. I think I'm starting to get into the swing of things this week and still not spending a penny after doing the weeks shopping. I am finding the menu planning a great help also sticking to my list.