Friday 19 December 2014

That Friday feeling!

The Friday feeling is well and truly here!  The EFG has arrived, the YFG has broken up from school, and I have two days off work, and then only two more to go before Christmas......we're feeling relaxed!

The EFG and YFG have been experimenting with hair dye tonight and the EFG now has lighter ends to her hair - called the ombre effect, I am told - and there was a lot of giggling going on in the bathroom for some time.  I think that they are enjoying being back together again :)

Some I knitted earlier...

Tomorrow I am going to take some of the knitted hats to a charity shop for a group who are going to run a free dinner event on Christmas Day for the homeless and those generally in need - they want warm clothing, hats and gloves to give to those attending.  With the agreement of my fellow knitters, I am donating 20 of the hats from the knitting we have been doing to this wonderful cause.  I hope that they get some use out of them.  

I'll also be doing my Aldi shopping tomorrow, and I have been writing a list of all the items I would like to get for the next two weeks as I really do not want to have to shop till January now.  I've got a list of the items that the local food banks can use, and if we cannot quite hit the £75 target to benefit from the £15 voucher, I shall add some items to the trolley for them.  We all win that way around. I do expect to get close to £60 or so anyway as we have company coming on Boxing Day so I intend to buy a few extra wee treats, as I am not spending my holiday in the kitchen all the time! 

I hope you are all having a good weekend with those you love.


2 comments:

Bridget said...

Loving those hats x

Kezzie said...

That's a great idea! Yes, make up the extra money for a saving and use for something good.
Came over to see your Pause for Advent.Will try to pop back later. x