Saturday 13 December 2014

Counting down...

Just five sleeps to go.......we're getting excited about the EFG coming home.

I can tell already that there are going to be some disagreements: the YFG is going to be pleased to have some company apart from me here, but she has already mentioned the EFG upsetting our "routine".  I thought that that would be a concern - not that the EFG would do anything to upset anyone on purpose, but just that the YFG and I have had to get used to just being here together, and we have settled in to a routine of things we do.  She's recognised that things will be different when the EFG is back, and we have to bear in mind that in the grand scheme of things, this is going to be a rather fleeting visit of only four weeks and I will be so chuffed to have her here that I don't mind changing our routines.  Routines get changed over the holidays anyway, and we will be doing different things from what we normally do.  I am interested to see how this shakes down, because we will have a much longer period back together in the summer, I hope, and I don't want them at daggers for three and a half months!  I want the EFG to feel welcomed home, after all.

Best go - the YFG is sorting out one of the Christmas trees and I need to organise a service for the morning - very late to it this week......

1 comment:

Angela said...

It will be fine - just a little bit of adjustment at the beginning - but you all love each other so much...enjoy!!