Sunday 28 December 2014

Hastening on

The days are passing just a tad too quickly for my liking and I can see Friday rushing towards me at a rate of knots, when I have to start work again, albeit only for the one day before the weekend!  I am enjoying the freedom from the work routine.

Yesterday was great, and we spent time mooching about the house, pottering over tidying, doing the laundry and generally tidying up, although a fair bit of the EFG's DVD set of "Modern Family" has also been watched in between times, I think.  We did get to bed earlier last night, which was an achievement, as the EFG has been drawing us onto her uni bedtime routine - much later than ours!

Church this morning, and then lunch at my sister's house.  Slightly tricky situation there as I am not sure that I completely trust that my brother-in-law understands my dietary restrictions - he certainly didn't when we went for a BBQ there in the summer.  I am tempted to take a pot of soup along and just eat that, rather than risk repercussions later.  It's that or take a serious interest in what he is doing in the kitchen, and ask a lot of questions, which I fear may offend.

Anyway, have to say that I am looking forward to cosying up to the fire when we get home again later on this afternoon, and perhaps breaking out the knitting - I haven't done any yet this holiday and I was hoping to get at least one of my projects finished this break!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Ooo what are you knitting? Hope the lunch turns out to be OK x

Lyssa Medana said...

I am so glad you are having a good time. So many people don't understand the dietary stuff - and there is no talking to some. Just wanted to say thank you for your comment on my blog, you are having a tougher time than I am, so really appreciate you stopping by. Sending hugs and good wishes. WS xxx