Wednesday 3 December 2014

Holiday baking ideas

Where do you get your recipe ideas from?  

I use recipes I have gleaned over the years from the forums at MoneySavingExpert, as well as my mother's tried and tested recipes, and those given to me by friends.  There are some from old-fashioned cookbooks like the Be-Ro Book, and the Dairy Diary, but then there are those I find on the internet, on blogs, and on websites like All Recipes.

The ginger cakes fresh from the oven

I've shared a stupendous Ginger Cake recipe on here, as well as a favourite fudge method. There are mince pies that get rave reviews that came from MSE, and brownies from all sorts of places.  And of course, Twink's famous oat biscuits, and cheese scones too.

Chocolate brownies and oat biscuits

My favourite Christmas cake recipe came from the Family Circle magazine in 2000, and that magazine is sadly no longer published.

This week I came across these gorgeous looking biscuits and knew that I had to find a way to try them out - I just need something with a pretty pattern on to stamp them down with....

1 comment:

Sue in Suffolk said...

My Christmas cake recipe comes from an old Family Circle ( it was such a Useful Magazine) too, but way way back in the 80s. A Mary Berry recipe from the first time she was famous.