Saturday 27 September 2014

Morning comes around again!

I woke up several times in the night with a throat feeling as if it was full of razor blades, but this morning it does feel a little better but still sore.....a morning at gym will be a challenge - perhaps I shall develop my own sign language for forward rolls, cartwheels and handstands!  I have broken out a jar of special Jarra honey from Australia that a friend gave me the last time I had a cold, and it tastes like treacle, certainly very soothing for the throat.

The EFG sent me a very special parcel yesterday for my birthday tomorrow.  She asked the YFG to video me opening it, which we did when the YFG came home from school yesterday - but now the file is too big to email to her - whoops!  The gift is a Moonpig mug, and she has decorated it with pictures of all the family, including one of her with the FH when she was a baby!  I shall treasure it, but I SHALL use it - it won't just be put on a shelf and admired.

Tomorrow afternoon the Lincolnshire relatives are descending, and bringing food for a birthday tea, so I shall be spoiled!

Off to gym this morning - hope you all have a good day.  I am just about to hang out the first load of washing, as apparently it will stay dry today, fingers crossed!


9 comments:

veeknits19 said...

What a lovely present, definitely one to be used and treasured, not just sat on a shelf. Can you try cloud storage to get the file to EFG? Hope the sore throat fades away, I gargle with 1 drop of tea tree essential oil mixed in a small amount of warm water, it's an acquired taste, but very effective. Tea tree used to be called a medicine chest in a bottle as it is anti viral, antibacterial & antifungal. Might help! Enjoy your birthday, Vee x

Bridget said...

Hope you are spoilt and that the honey does the trick. What a great gift the mug sounds.
You've got some stamina even leaving the house with that bad a sore throat, I would hibernate until it had gone! Keep warm and well x

ciao said...

Happy Birthday hope your throat soon is better, Much Love Margaret xx

rabbitquilter said...

Have a very Happy Birthday tomorrow! With much love XX

Mac n' Janet said...

Happy Birthday, tomorrow is my birthday too, I'll be Skyping with our daughter who lives in Japan.

DeliveringGrace said...

Happy birthday! Hope you feel better soon.

Louise said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Hurrah to using that lovely mug, far too nice just to look at. Hope you feel better soon. Lots of love xx

Lyssa Medana said...

Hope you feel better soon and belated happy birthday!!! WS xxx