Thursday 25 September 2014

Answers

I have no doubt that God speaks to us, if we care to listen.

I was feeling a little miserable on Tuesday evening about this new job, as I am finding it a very steep learning curve, and I am having to be corrected, which doesn't sit too easy at this stage; rationally, I know that I am doing OK and the mentor to whom I have been assigned has been positive about what I am doing, but it still rankles a little that she has to correct me sometimes.

Tuesday night I went to bed, determined to find some things about the job to be thankful for, and I did.  I reminded myself that this was the job I had asked for, prayed for, and looked for.  It almost dropped in my lap.  I wanted part time work [yes], at home if at all possible or at least locally [yes], I wanted to start in September [yes] and I needed some flexibility [got that too].



Then, yesterday morning, the YFG went out of the door to catch the bus, and came back 10 minutes later looking more like a drowned rat and slightly tearful, saying that she couldn't go to school all wet like this and had missed the bus now.  We scurried about and she found some dry clothes and shoes, and we went off to school in the car.  Halfway there, she said she was sorry that she'd put me to the bother.  I told her not to be daft, and that that was the point of me taking the job, so that I could be at home for her when she needed me - I just started work at 9.30am instead of 9am.  It was as if I was reminding Myself that that was the point, too!

God spoke powerfully yesterday and showed me that this is a temporary job, perhaps just for a couple of years, but it is one that I can be good at eventually.  However, I need to learn to TAKE direction again, to be humble and to learn to follow someone else's rules - I have been used to leading and making the rules, answering to no one particularly in some areas of my life, and God has gently shown me that this is a learning curve in more ways than one.

7 comments:

Nethergreen said...

It is, of course, always good to listen to God's voice, in the many ways God speaks to us. But be gentle with yourself. Starting a new job is always a very stressful thing, and I would imagine it is even more stressful when you are learning at home and in isolation. (And it isn't as though you haven't had any other major stresses to deal with lately!!!) Blessings, and good wishes. Frances xx

Frugally challenged said...

Please never forget that there are those who have never met you who admire you enormously and who are praying for you.

Jake's a Girl said...

I feel for you. I'm the exact same way. Prayers that it gets easier and your confidence grows in your new job as you learn it well. And you will.

Change is hard but with the Lord's help we can do anything.

Jackie said...

Oh I was exactly the same! I worked for two years from home on the telephone and oh how I hated the culture of being told off and brought into line.
It was good for me, however, and now I have recently started a two day a week job outside of home - that's a learning curve too!
I am sure all things will come together for the good ;)

rabbitquilter said...

Funny old life isn't it? Answers or reasons drop by in the oddest of fashion sometimes!!! I just wish my answers would hurry up & be answered!!! You have a very strong faith and that will get you by - whatever YOU may think!!! With much love XX

Bridget said...

Morgan, you have such a lovely way of looking at things. I must take a leaf out of your book and look this way at my own life more. Be more positive and know that there is a plan for me!

DragonflyDreams said...

I work in a school and have learned from the example of the children. They want to learn, they want to be better and so they try and make mistakes and try again. We are all on a lifelong journey of learning. Well done n taking a positive approach on your learning journey. We have signs up in our classrooms that say, 'If you've tried your best and you still can't do it, it's not your fault, it's the teachers!' Good teachers help us learn and hopefully your colleague has all the attributes of a good teacher so that you will get where you want to be : )