Monday 15 July 2013

Five family meals from the stores and garden

Just had a rummage in the storecupboard, and a wander round the garden, and a quick flick round the interwebs, and come up with five meals for the week ahead.

Monday - tonight we are heading over here to try out our version of this frittata.  We have cold potatoes left over from yesterday, courgette and peppers available, as well as eggs and onions, so I think we can get this one on the plate although perhaps without the ham - I can use a slice or two of bacon.

Tuesday - a quick meal when I get back from gym - cooked pasta and veg with a tin of tuna, bound together with a tin of celery soup from the cupboard.  A make-it-up-as-you-go tuna pasta dish.

Wedensday - temperatures will still be high, so some salad is on the menu.  Lettuce and cucumber from the garden, tomatoes from Lidl are in the fridge, hard boiled eggs, pickles, some boiled potatoes or savoury rice [AF] and we'll be all set.

Thursday - a busy day as I am interviewing and then the YFG has her piano lesson, so a very simple meal of vegetable soup and bread if they want it, and then a mandarin cheesecake to follow [tin and packet from AF].  

Friday - the family can have a third of a Fray Bentos pie each, served with lots of vegetables [from the garden or the freezer] and some new potatoes from the garden.

There isn't a meal amongst that lot that I can actually eat as it is written, with my wheat and dairy limitations, but I will eat something along the same lines most nights - variations on a theme.  I have FreeFrom pitta breads and I eat rice when they have pasta.  I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

veeknits19 said...

Lovely to pick veg straight from the garden, and combined with a good store cupboard brings down shopping costs. A great meal plan for what sounds like a busy week ahead - is there any other sort? I'm guessing FH doesn't have new potatoes, or only a very few, because of their gout inducing properties. I've been picking & freezing beans, french & broad, this morning when it was cool. Very hot now! Hope you are all coping OK with this heatwave, x