Monday 10 June 2013

More of the president's garden!

I had to take more photos of UJ's garden this morning as it is looking so lovely!

This is the view across the garden from our bedroom window.  The cages are huge, and protect his crops from pigeons and butterflies!


This is the lovely peony I showed you last time, but now in flower.  It is beautiful.


These are lupins in the same area of the garden - it is a bed full of permanent plants which are putting on a glorious display at this time of year.


This is the orchard at the top of the garden with one of the asparagus beds in the foreground.


This quaint shed at the very top of the garden is an old hut which used to be a chicken house, with a surrounding run, when I was a child.  I used to love to go and collect the eggs and feed the chooks, so I guess I started my love of chickens quite young!


Couldn't resist snapping this picture of UJ's little loo roll heap here - guess where I get my stockpiling tendencies!?!


And this.  No, I haven't made this much progress in a few days - this is some of my late mother's work.  Two cushion covers she made before she died.  They are beautifully brightly coloured and immaculately made.



No comments: