Monday 29 April 2013

Savings report - end of April

Having studied T S Eliot for A level, I have to say that I didn't find April to be the "cruellest month" this year. We have had our ups and downs with the FH being re-admitted to hospital, but overall, it hasn't been too bad.  The best thing is that the FH came out of hospital a lot fitter this time, and he has continued with his improvement.

(image from vanquis.co.uk)

Shame that I can't be as positive about the savings!  I didn't hit the target for the month, by about £35, although in the grand scheme of things, I don't think that is much to complain about.  Achieving £715 this month, in addition to the previous three months' achievements, puts us at a monthly average for the first four months of 2013 of £734, which is nothing to be ashamed of!  I also had an interest payment on my ISA this month, so our overall net worth is increasing nicely.

The target for May will remain the same, and there are some bills coming in which will mean that it will continue to be a challenge to do this.  We have the Fiesta to tax and MOT this month, and the National Trust membership is also due (single parent with children membership as the FH is not interested in old houses, he says!).  This last year I have considered my membership as a donation to the national heritage as I have not been able to visit a single NT property, which has saddened me somewhat - so we must go somewhere this year, even if it is just to one of our old favourites:

Oxburgh (top) and Wimpole Halls - both relatively local to us, and favourite days out!



No comments: