Wednesday 20 March 2013

Bother?

I'm thinking of Catherine Tate this morning and her character who keeps saying, "I'm not bovvered," but actually, I am quite bothered!  It's an interesting word, when you think about the myriad of meanings it has.

(image from telegraph.co.uk)

We had the doctor out yesterday, and the FH apologised to him for being such a bother to him, and I felt like apologising for bothering him yet again, but the FH is worth it!

The tummy upsets he is suffering led me to ring the nurse at Papworth to see if I could get any advice about helping to avoid the upsets by taking the medications with or without food, at certain times of the day, or foods which might aggravate the medications.  I had a long chat with a lovely lady called Bianca, and she asked some questions and worked out that the FH is not taking the right brand of his immunosuppressant drug.  He used to be on two different ones, but now that one of them has been discontinued, Papworth deem it imperative that he takes the original brand, and not a generic.  The GP's dispensary has been sending generics, and that may be contributing to the upset stomachs, especially since the dose has been doubled since he has been in hospital.

I have been very pleased with the local surgery and all their help in this recent illness of the FH, and the doctor and nurses have bent over backwards to help him, and to support us, and I remain very grateful for all that they are doing.  I did feel a little bothered yesterday that perhaps I had upset the doctor as he doesn't seem very convinced that the FH needs this original brand of medication, but he is going along with it and phoned the surgery to get them to order some in for the FH.  There seemed to have been a lack of communication as the surgery and indeed, we, didn't know about this need for a particular brand of medication, so it is a good thing that I am persistent in trying to find out what is the best thing for the FH.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds like you are doing the RIGHT sort of 'bothering' here. You are genuinely bothered [caring] about FHs medication, so you bothered [persistent] to contact Papworth and now you are right to bother [insistent] the GP to get the right medication.

btw impressed by weight loss. Must work harder at this myself. The 3 weeks after my knee op were a time of significant weight gain sadly!!

blessings x

Wannabe Sybil said...

Sending hugs and prayers. It is so hard to know what to do when it is all so arcanely scientific. Keep on keeping on (and don't forget to look after yourself!) WS xxx

Anonymous said...

I would keep bothering them until you get the help needed x