Wednesday 14 July 2010

Finding the time

I have been pleased at how easily I have found half an hour to do the exercises each day: instead of feeding the chickens after I have dropped the YFG off at school, I go out and do them at 8am once I have done the lunchboxes and made sure she has breakfast on the go. The EFG leaves at 7.55am so I know she is ready and off. The chickens take me about 15 - 20 minutes at that time of the day, so I am back in the house by 8.20, usually still in PJs, so that is when I rush upstairs and put on some exercise clothes and stick my hair up in a ponytail, and clean my teeth. We leave for school at 8.35am, and I am usually home by 8.45 at the latest - and as soon as I walk back in the door, it is exercise time! I'm done by 9.20, and then I hit the shower and get ready for the rest of the day.

It doesn't work as smoothly as that on days when I need to be somewhere early, but I can juggle it around a little. And for the summer holidays when the kids are lounging around a little more, I will just be doing it a bit earlier, before they surface in the mornings!! Any rude comments, and they will be banished from the lounge or made to join in.....

2 comments:

Varis Creations said...

Well done fen mum on the weight loss and keeping up with the exercises. I am trying (again!!!!) to shift a few pounds - with all the running around I do I sould be a size 10 but sadly that isn't the case. I'm 40 at the beginning of August so will be fat & forty but hopefully the weight will be going int he right direction! I feel a mid life crisis coming on now....

Morgan said...

I know - my mum was constantly on the go but remained overweight to the end of her life.

I could well be joining you with the mid life crisis - I am sitting here with my head full of figures trying to do my tax return and tax credits claim - looking for any distraction!!
I HATE doing these, and it always comes at the end of term in July, and it is always a last minute dash - until I get it done and wonder what all the hassle was about!!