Monday 9 September 2013

Monday morning moving

We tried, we really tried!  

The EFG's bike has yet another puncture, so she asked me to get up with her this morning to do a workout DVD.  We managed the warm-up of a Davina but then the guys really cranked up the gears and we got left behind - WAY behind!  I have a favourite Davina disc but it isn't in the box so I am going to have to spend some time looking for it, as well as getting to grips with some of the other ones that we have on the shelf here.  We'll have another go tomorrow.......

I think that the FH's medications are affecting him as he has not been well for a couple of days now and has stayed in bed.  The changes in the meds often take a couple of weeks to settle down, and he has recently been taken off two kinds, so it will be a few days before everything stops churning, I fear.  If it takes longer than that, I will be calling Papworth for advice.

I've been occupied today with laundry and ironing, hoovering, cleaning bathrooms, fetching chook food from the local delivery point, some governor work, and preparing a short, very short, service for the Women's Section of the RBL in the village.  I did it last year for their Harvest Festival, and was invited back again this year.  The pianist who supported me last year wasn't available tonight so I took the EFG along with her laptop, and the organ music went down very well with the ladies.  It is just a 15 minute celebration - two hymns, two prayers, a Bible reading and a short talk.  It went well and we were presented with two chrysanthemum plants, which was very kind of the ladies.

(image from telegraph.co.uk)

We are looking forward to Doc Martin tonight, and I will be finishing off some knitting whilst it is on, then straight to my bed, because we have a date with Davina at 6am again!

On my September challenge front, I am pleased to report not a penny has left my purse today.  Eating has been from the freezer or stores, and it has been a good day.  Dentist tomorrow, which can't be avoided as I have a hole in a tooth, so I am going to have to spend some money there - aargh on both fronts


3 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

I see the word dentist and I go all peculiar! Hope it's not too traumatic for you.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Good luck with the dentist but if you can face Davina at 6am then you can manage anything! WS xxx

veeknits19 said...

Well done on exercising and on doing it so early, sets you up for the day & isn't looming over you during the day. So, extra good!

BTW does anyone know what's happened to SilverSewer, she's just disapeared, hope all is well.