I finally got around to trying the scones with fruit tonight - the last batch are still in the oven. I added 3oz Tesco Value mixed dried fruit to the recipe, and the FH says that they are brilliant. Instead of cutting them out with a 3" diameter cutter, which means that one can only get 8 or 9 scones from the mixture, I am using a 1" cutter and getting about 24! They are also rising more evenly than the first batch as I stopped myself from twisting the cutter in the dough to release the dough; instead I am just pushing it down very firmly and then lifting it out of the dough. It seems to do the trick!
I also made a chocolate and banana loaf - I have got to stop buying bananas on a regular basis as there are always some left to go brown and mushy. I'll take some pictures tomorrow when I cut it and when it has been tasted, I'll post the recipe if it is deemed to be any good!
Arty crafty with plastic bottle tops.
4 hours ago