Saturday 22 January 2011

Ups and downs

I have had a very rough couple of days with things going on at the school and I am quite wrung out over it all! I have had long conversations with a number of people, official and otherwise, and things are beginning to happen........someone said that the powers that be won't do anything and I said that I will not let the situation be swept under the carpet. Another person questioned why I put myself through all this, and the answer to that is that I don't pass the buck when the going gets tough - I have been elected to this position for a year (at our school - other schools do it for different periods) and I will see it through. Whether I will stand for election again next year will be a matter for serious consideration - if I don't though, I will give anyone else coming forward a much better idea of what the position involves, and how totally lonely it is! I admit to crying yesterday because I was completely overwhelmed at the feeling of responsibility I had for the children and staff at the school, and the feeling that the knowledge I had been given imposed a duty of care on me that meant I had to act. I was relieved in a way to get to gymnastics yesterday afternoon so that I had to focus on something else.

The EFG is not here this morning. She went home from school last night with a friend for a sleepover and they are going to the cinema this afternoon, so I will be picking her up from the friend's house tonight. We realised that this is the EFG's first real sleepover at someone else's house - the YFG has been on loads, but the EFG had only been to my sister's before! I am not worried about her - she's nearly 15 - but it is strange here without her and I do miss her!!

I made more homemade bread this week, and realised how important the way I lay the dough in the tins is to the final shape of the cooked loaf - if it is uneven, the loaf rises wonky and then goes over in one direction - so I must be more careful to ensure that the loaf is shaped and placed in the tin properly after I have kneaded it. The bread is OK, but it could have been better!! The electric slicer works wonders and I have sliced bread in a bag in the bread store just like shop bought. The FH loves it, the girls are getting used to the crust! I will be going to Huntingdon this week, so I will be popping over to Ramsey on my way to get some more of the breadmix from Big Brands For Less.

2 comments:

Wannabe Sybil said...

Hugs It is always hard doing the right thing - you almost know you are doing the right thing by the amount of resistance. WS x

Colin Ian King said...

Hi! I stumbled across your blog. I have huge sympathy with you over your C of G role. I have been chair at my kids primary for the past 18 months and only now do I feel comfortable in what I do. We are also making some difficult decisions. Stick at it! If there is any way I can help, I'll be more than happy.