Saturday 1 January 2011

Beginning again...

The first of the year offers a new opportunity again and again - the year is a clean slate on which we choose what to write, our plans, our hopes and our dreams.

How far should we plan? Just for the month ahead, for the year, or for a few years hence? And what of other people and their plans?

I am spending time today and tomorrow thinking about what I want to achieve in 2011 for myself and for our family; I also need to consider what responsibilities I have to the family in terms of time and money to provide them with all the things they need.

I have been poking around the forums at the Frugaldom website and learned a lot about challenges and generating income. It is fascinating, and I am really keen to incorporate some of the ideas into our plans.

It is kind of hard to work on plans here, as the FH doesn't have any - he is 73 now and happy to go from one day to the next, with his weekly highlights a regular feature, and he helps me with a lot of stuff, but that is usually driven by me (that means I nag!). The girls plan their homework, their tv viewing, and their time with their friends - the rest of the time their time is pretty well directed at school, gym, Brownies, chapel, etc, or I am giving them chores to do!! That means that all the long-range planning is down to me, and they all get a little say but not a lot....

I will post tomorrow when I have finished some of the plans, and hope to be able to share some of what we want to achieve in 2011.

2 comments:

sweet blondie blue eyes said...

Glad you are enjoying the forum, have you worked out which one I am yet?????

Morgan said...

Yes - csarina!