Wednesday 6 August 2014

Random thoughts

The girls and I have been in hysterics this evening, laughing at some videos that the EFG took on her phone whilst they were on the cruise - I laughed till my sides really did hurt!

So glad that the washing machine repair man came this afternoon and got the machine working again - more hairgrips in the drain - so pleased that I have got insurance.  Well worth the small amount it costs each month.  The only household machine I have got insured, though.  Three loads done since he left, and two loads dried out on the lines in the sun and wind.  How did the weather forecasters get it so wrong today?  We got none of the heavy rain here at all - a gloriously sunny day and the temperatures were considerably higher than we were expecting.

Uncle John has done amazing work in the garden today and cleared the paths between the veg beds.  Ideas on how to keep them clear? Don't know - mulling that one over....membrane?  bark chippings?  internet research on the cards - what do you think?

One week tomorrow until the EFG gets her exam results, and we may know where she is going in a month's time......

Only a month?!?!?!

Enjoyed watching the Great British Bake Off tonight with the girls.  Enjoying being together and sharing an interest.

Finished another OCC hat, and just about to cast on another.  Aiming for a dozen boxes this year, since the knitting group decided not to help this year....

Day Three of five over today for the gymnastics holiday club - we have a fantastic group of children and the days are flying past - really good fun, the kids are progressing well and no hassles!

The YFG turns 15 next Wednesday - how did that happen?!  FIFTEEN?  

Rather random assortment of thoughts today - all sorts of things running through my mind at the moment, but nothing too miserable.  I continue to give thanks for everything - each morning, I am thankful for so much, and each evening, I reflect on the day and thanks soon come to mind for that day.  Eucharisteo.

5 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

How about old carpet (not the foam backed variety) covered by wood chippings for the paths?

Helen said...

I found bark chippings worked well on my fruit plot. Put them down 3 years ago.

Lyssa Medana said...

You are still in my prayers. I haven't managed to break a washing machine, just wear them out (dh broke a door on one but it was wearing out anyway). I shall consider insurance. hugs WS xxx

Cheapchick said...

I used bark but there are still some weeds. Bark sometimes attracts other pests too.

SusanM said...

I've given up on the bark chippings as they seem to keep migrating on to the grass (dogs and birds!) and I think they attract insects too. Exam results out in Scotland on Tues - son got As in everything so absolutely thrilled that all the hard work paid off. Fingers crossed for EFG's results. She deserves to do well x