Tuesday 6 October 2009

Lurgy here

Yes, the EFG and I are suffering with a chesty cough, razorblades in the throat and lack of voice. She has had two days at home, and now is hoping to get back to school tomorrow. We had a short trip out yesterday in the late afternoon, and she is now the happy owner of a Syrian hamster: the YFG kindly donated her old cage and the EFG was given a £5 voucher for WHSmith from school for being so excellent (!) so I bought that off her and she had the £5 to get her hamster. He is a monster compared to the Roborovski pair but he is very cute!

Got to go to bed now and try to get some rest. More tomorrow, maybe.

3 comments:

Greentwinsmummy said...

There are so many folks I know that are poorly at the moment.Hugs to you both because its horrible being ill.
E is always sidling up to me & whspering mama I would really like a little hamster in a cage with a food bowl & a drink bottle with a red lid & a wheel & some bed for it to lay in.Lol honestly she says it nearly every few days!
So far I resist.......
GTM x x x

Morgan said...

GTM - Thanks for the good wishes - I feel even worse this morning...

I would continue to resist E for a few years yet; the YFG got her first hamster with her birthday money after her 9th birthday. I judged her to be old enough then to cope with 99% of its care, with the odd reminder! It has been a good "tool" for teaching her responsibility, as although we have the rabbits and the chickens, she is the primary carer for neither set of birds/animals there. The hamster is hers and there is no one she can palm it off onto, although I must give her credit and say that she loves them (the first and the new pair) and is very happy to look after them.

Hugs,
Morgan
x

Bovey Belle said...

Hope you are all better soon, but honestly, there are some nasty bugs doing the rounds, as GTM said.

I do not miss the little chaps in cages, as they had such short lives. I hope your wee one enjoys the new chappy though.