Wednesday 11 February 2009

Chimney has arrived

Yes - at last the chimney/flue for the woodburner has arrived. It's not all here, though, as some parts we ordered have been missed out of the shipment, and one part has been sent in error - the part that they have sent is a pipe that should be a shorter version of itself. Hopefully we will get it all sorted out tomorrow when the chap we are dealing with is in the office and he will despatch the right parts pronto.

There have been 9 eggs laid today, which is brilliant, considering the awful weather - it has been really cold here today and very wet. I stood in the playground for 10 minutes waiting for the YFG to come out of school - it was raining, cold and truly miserable. By the time we got home, I couldn't feel my toes and felt chilled right through, so I sat and ate some hot rice pudding, drank a hot cup of tea and put my feet on a hot water bottle - and I soon warmed up!

Today I have been clipping recipes out of a huge stack of magazines and then filing them in folders according to the type of food - main meals, cakes, biscuits, puddings, breads, etc. I have given some of the magazines away, but only the ones that were mostly intact. The rest have been hurled into the recycling bin. I have also been walking round and looking at the books on the shelves and I have started a box, in which to put the books that I no longer want so I will have to work out the best place to sell them - ebay, amazon or maybe abebooks, or even greenmetropolis: too much choice! Chucking the magazines and putting some old home-education books in the box has cleared some space on the shelves already. Clearing old stuff out is very therapeutic. The only trouble here is that there is SO much stuff that I should get rid of, and I don't want to just throw it out......

No comments: