Sunday 15 March 2015

A Pause in Lent

A Pause in Lent Floss
(image from angalmond.blogspot.co.uk)

Joining in with Ang over at Tracing Rainbows for A Pause in Lent again this week.

I shared a few lines from a post at Ann Voskamp's website about motherhood at my Mothering Sunday service this morning.  

The line which made me think, and I hope it is something that you reflect on too, is this one:

"Somebody who knew that life is not an emergency but a gift - so just. slow. down."

After all that I have said this week about pressures and lack of time, I have sat and watched a film with the YFG tonight, by the fire, doing some knitting, enjoying dinner and cake that she has cooked for me, and just r-e-l-a-x-e-d.  

Life IS a gift - let's grasp it and enjoy it!


3 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

And I hope your preachment went well this morning. I was thinking about you.

Angela said...

Amen! Hope the morning's service was heckle free too x

Morgan said...

Thank you, both of you. I had a lovely time Sunday morning - no heckling and lots of happy children! One wee chap of about 3 came out to the front and pulled up a chair to stand up to the microphone that the bible readers use, so that he could talk too whilst I was sharing the sermon. Unfortunately for him, that microphone was turned off and then his mother came and hauled him off the chair and away into another room to play for a wee distraction. It was a good morning! Thanks for your thoughts xxx