Tuesday 27 January 2015

Up again

The lady from my work who phoned me last week and had me crashing into the doldrums has phoned back again today and said that my work since then has been OK......oh, the joys!

Up and down here like a yo-yo.  I am feeling a bit better about it, and I suppose that I had been working myself up over the odd grouch that I had spoken to when making the calls, but like one of my colleagues reminded me at the end of last week, most of the people we ring are lovely!

The YFG's poor belly is still weeping, but I think that the abscess is shrinking and she has been taking the antibiotics really well, so I am hoping that recovery is in sight at last.  She has been sent some more work home from school, and has plenty to keep her occupied tomorrow.  It has been strange to have her at home all this time, and actually rather nice, but I wish it had been under other circumstances - and I am going to feel a bit lonely when she does get back to school, but I will soon get used to it again.  It will be good for us all to get back to normal.

(image from reddit.com)

The EFG has phoned with news of her next homecoming already - she has found cheapo tickets for the train to get home on the 4th April, which will be Easter weekend.  I shall be looking forward to that weekend - I have Good Friday and Easter Monday off as Bank Holidays anyway and I have booked a couple more days off on the Tuesday and Wednesday so I have my fingers crossed that we may be able to do something nice that weekend - I have no idea what just yet, but I have a while to be inspired! Let's hope for some good spring weather by then.

Nearly the end of the month.  I need to get my frugal attitude back into high gear and start making some serious savings around here!  I have coasted through January without having time to worry too much about saving, and we have managed.  I have had some big bills to pay though, and there are a few more on the cards.  The car's service in December had to be paid for this month, and that was over £300. I have also had to tax the car at £110 and insure it as well. I have paid the tax straight off but I put the insurance on to the credit card to get some points on it!  I found a good deal with Tesco, which should also be scoring me a £30 Gift card within 6 weeks of the policy coming into force.  In February, I shall need to get the cam belt replaced....that could be expensive too.  Ho hum!

1 comment:

John Going Gently said...

Everything seems up and down in jan
It's the season