Wednesday 19 May 2010

In business

Thanks to a big prod from Susan, I have listed some books at Amazon!! Only a few to get started, but I am very pleased with myself as I do need a nudge to propel me into action sometimes. There is even a "shopfront" for the books, so I am thrilled!!

Today has been another day at home - I've made the rhubarb crunch cake from the recipe at the wonderful site in the sidebar called Mennonite Girls Can Cook. Can they ever!?! This cake has gone down a storm here and with some of the neighbours - I have got a lot of rhubarb and so I doubled the recipe and made two cakes, each in a 9 x 13 Swiss roll tin. There isn't a lot left. Have a look at the original recipe here although I didn't do it exactly like that. I didn't have any strawberry jello/jelly crystals, so I tossed the rhubarb in vanilla sugar as I had a sachet from Lidl's and wasn't sure what to do with it! The gang here would recommend you all to have a go at it.

I've also been busy in the garden, weeding the strawberry patch, but there is still more to do there. I've cut the back lawn, and given the cuttings to the chooks to have a good scratch around with, and I had to have a shower afterwards as I was covered in bits of grass and my feet were filthy.

Tomorrow the FH's sister and her husband are coming for a visit, so it is a good job that the carrot cake hasn't been touched yet. They live out in Norfolk about an hour away near Thetford, so we don't see them that often at all, probably twice a year. It will be good to catch up on all the family news from them.

3 comments:

Varis Creations said...

Good luck with the books on Amazon. I use the Royal Mails online postage thing to generate labels and just stick my orders in the nearest post box. If nothing else it automatically generates the correct address for you - it never ceases to amaze me how wrong people can get their addresses - no wonder stuff goes missing en route.

Talking of rhubarb cake - I would also recommend this recipe:
http://www.allotment.org.uk/recipe/53/recipe-for-rhubarb-cake/ I made one last week and it turned out great.

Well I'd better go and do some work - kids have a few days off school for teacher training and the weather is great so having a wee bit of a motivation problem....

Susan

Morgan said...

Will have a look at that cake - thanks.

As to the sticking the parcels in the post box - a lot of these are big hardback books and I would have to take them to the Post Office anyway as there's no way they would fit in the boxes! Thanks for the tip, though.

Toria said...

If you would like another recommendation from Menonite Girls can cook, I love their pineapple cupcakes. Seriously yummy!