Wednesday 29 October 2008

Oil

Just a quick note to say that I ordered oil on Monday - the price had begun to rise! I knew that the prices would rise as soon as I heard on the news at 10pm on Friday that the OPEC organisation had cut oil production to stimulate prices! The trouble was that at 10pm on a Friday, it was too late to order oil before the rises kicked in on Monday, so I was stuck paying 41.61p/l but that was much better than what the company I use wanted to charge - they tried 46.something, but I haggled a little and got it down. The delivery is due tomorrow. We haven't had the forecast snow, although it was cold this morning. Counties not too far away have had some, so we were blessed to miss out this time, especially as it has meant power cuts in Northamptonshire.

No comments: